Saturday, March 1, 2008

That 90's Show

A few weeks ago I watched one of the funniest episodes of the Simpsons ever (which is something really unique after several years of lame seasons without good jokes). The episode was basically about how Homer had a grunge band in the 90's called Sadgasm and he was some kind of Kurt Cobain. The way they adapted nirvana's "rape me" into "shave me" and bush song "glycerin" into "margerine" was brilliant. They even had a Weird Al Yankovic parody video of Homer's "shave me". If you guys want to laugh I totally recommend you get this episode.

I tried to look in you tube some clips but for some reason they where all deleted, this is the only kind of decent one I could get where homer is all depressed in the couch in his mansion just about to commit suicide and watches Weird Al parody, I'm adding the lyrics of his songs too, they are hilarious.

Sadgasm Lyrics

Politically Incorrect:
Pain is Brown.
Hate is White.
Love is Black.
Stab the night.
Kingdom of Glum.
Closet of hurt.
Feelings are dumb.
Kisses are dirt.


Shave Me:
Razor blade of apathy,
Shave me with your irony.
Shave me! Shave me!


Weird Al Parody, Brain Freeze:
Raisin Bread with Apple Sauce,
Tony Danza he's the Boss,
Brain Freeze! Brain freeze!
Brain freeze! Brain freeze!


Margerine:
Spread yellow gunk on my pancake heart,
Country churned girl in my grocery cart.
I paid for her dreams, she taught me to cry,
Like watery knives, like rain from my eyes.
I can't believe you're not mine,
I can't believe you're not mine.
Margerine. Margerine. Margerine.
MARGERINE. MARGERINE.