Tuesday, March 4, 2008

To PSP or not to PSP

Recently I have been seriously considering getting a PSP. This would actually be my first sony console every, I have to admit I skipped the PS1 (went for the nintendo 64, which in the end turned out to be a bad choice) and the Ps2 (went for the xbox which turned out to be a great choice since I still use it every now and then), but the 3 important reasons of why I want one now are the following:

1) They are releasing the prequel of Final Fantasy VII exclusively on PSP (read here)
2) They are adding Skype support to the PSP soon (read here)
3) The PSP has a web browser and I foolishly thought the DS one would actually work

If this happens I think this will be the first time I have 4 current consoles ;) (entertainment orgy, hell yeah!!)

Still I think those 3 reasons have solutions:

1) I can wait until they remake that prequel in another system which, by the ratio at which Square Enix release remakes of their games will eventually happen soon.
2) I can still use Skype in the PC, I mean who am I going to call somewhere else in the world during the bus trip from home to school.
3) I could finally replace my ancient ipod mini for an iphone or itouch.

Anyway, just wanted to share those cool news about the PSP with everyone.