Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Worst Movie Endings Ever

Recently I watched 10,000 BC (I know, it sucks even from the trailer, but what else can somebody watch during these days?) and wanted to create a post about one of the most ridicule moments in a movie ever, which was an African guy using a bamboo armor, but since I couldn't get a screen cap of that moment I'll save the humiliation of that actor for another time and I'll talk about what I consider the 10 worst movie endings ever.

So here it is, I think most of the people will agree with me. I included only commercial movies and ignored all the indie and art movies. Sorry for including some movies which where bad from the start, but if I did is because the ending was lightyears worst than the rest. They include spoilers but belive me, I'm making you a favor if I spoil it for you.

1. Independence day
A computer virus is not even compatible between mac, windows or linux, but somehow it runs in a alien operative system, yeah, right.

2. Cloverfield
You spend 2 hours trying not to throw up only to never get an answer on the two more important issues in the flick, what was the monster and what happened to it? (they actually assumed somebody cared about the fate of those lame main characters)

3. Resident Evil 3 Apocalypse
Not only they where able to make a worst ending than the Resdient Evil 2 movie, they lied to everyone saying this was the conclusion to the trilogy by leaving everything open for more sequels.

4. 28 days later (all of them, original and alternative endings)
I used to worship Danny Boyle before this movie (with awesome movies like trainspotting, the beach and a life less ordinary), and I actually enjoyed all the movie before they finished with a happy walt disney ending where they lived happily ever after and the world was saved.

5. 10,000 BC
Ok, yes, it was all bad, no exceptions at any moment, not even the level of CGI I was expecting, but not only there was magical resurrection here, they ended up exactly where they started.

6. Alien Resurrection
They managed to ruin a perfect trilogy with a perfect ending in this fourth part that is the same mock that was "bride of chucky" to the original Child's Play. Ripley's clone and Winnona android make it back to earth, yeeey, how exciting.

7. Golden Compass
Not only they changed the sequence of events in a way that makes the plot of one of my favorite books absurd, they trimmed the ending so that it ends in a, "two hours for this crap?", ending.

8. Matrix Revolutions.
Do I need to say anything?

9. Eagle vs. Shark.
Ok, I lied, this is kind of an indie movie which I promise I wouldn't include in the top ten, but I had to get it out of my system. This movie was hilarious until they kill the plot with a mess that doesn't give a punchline.

10. Blade Runner Original Cut (happy ending)
After all the struggle, yey, turns out he was not an replicant, they scaped safely, and Rachel luckily was the only replicant who could live forever, not just for 4 years. I'm so thankful that they released a new Final Cut version without the chessyness and with the real ending which is amazing!

Ok feel free to trash my point of view, lol.